Sunday 2 July 2017

Manchester United "to step up their pursuit of" £15million left-back wanted by Arsenal

Manchester United are reportedly set to step up their pursuit of Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney, the Sun has claimed.
According to the article, the Red Devils will offer £15million to sign the left-back.
Arsenal have also monitored the progress of the youngster but their interest has cooled down.
In May, Tierney explained the reason why he turned down the possibility of joining the Gunners.
"The manager [Brendan Rodgers] came in last year and I had been told already there was a big bid there," he declared.
"It was a dream season for me last year individually and the manager said he wanted me to stay and sign a deal.
"As soon as I trained under him, there was no convincing needed. I was going to stay at Celtic anyway.
"The money factor is what a lot of people care about.
"All I was working towards was earning a new deal at Celtic. I wasn't looking to move somewhere else.
"The club could have brought in anybody as manager and I would have stayed but after speaking to Brendan I knew something special was happening.
"The way he spoke to me for 10 minutes after the first day at training was brilliant. That has continued all year."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rooney quality under-valued, says Lineker

Wayne Rooney’s true worth as a player has not been properly appreciated, according to England football great Gary Lineker.         Wayne ...